Celebrate the Past, Present and Future of the Shenandoah River
Shenandoah River State Park, 350 Daughter of the Stars Dr, Bentonville, VA 22610
Saturday, August 10, 2013
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Join the excitement, the fun and the family outdoor experience of the Shenandoah Riverfest. This annual celebration of the Shenandoah River is packed with canoeing, tubing, swimming, hooping, food, music, on-water events, wild animal displays and tons of hands on activities for the kids. Riverfest is held along the shaded banks of the Shenandoah flowing through Virginia’s nationally recognized and award winning Shenandoah River State Park.
Riverfest is a rain or shine daytime event that is designed to connect and welcome people to the Shenandoah River. Special Event Admission & Parking for the event is $8 per vehicle, unlimited passengers. NEW this year Canoe Trips will be $5 per canoe and Tube Trips will be $2 per tube. Entrants are also given a free trial membership to Shenandoah Riverkeeper and will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a kayak.
Come gather at the river to celebrate the recreational, historical and natural beauty of the Shenandoah River! Highlights include:
- Canoe & tube trips on the South Fork of the Shenandoah (children must be at least 6 yrs old and accompanied by an adult)
- Live local music featuring – Pigs From a Gun, The Dill Pickers and The Church Street Project
- Live wild animal education and displays by WILD Zafari & the Blue Ridge Wildlife Center
- Astral Rhythm Dancers - creatively challenging our bodies & minds!
- Batteau Display - learn about the flat-bottomed boats that used to reign
- Cardboard Boat Race
- Riverfest Brochure
What to bring and wear:
- River shoes or old tennies that you can wear in the river (no flip-flops)
- Loose, light summer clothes
Make a weekend of it!
There are lots of great options for staying the night, weekend or longer! Check out these links to find your perfect camping spot, cabin or hotel!
To make a full day on the river (before or after the festival) contact: