Saturday, August 10, 2013
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Join us Saturday, August 10, 2013, 10am – 4pm along the banks of the South Fork of the Shenandoah River at the Raymond R, “Andy” Guest State Park for a day of unforgettable fun!
Riverfest is a rain or shine daytime event that is open to the public and is designed to connect people with the Shenandoah River. Special Event Admission & Parking for the event is $8 per vehicle, unlimited passengers. NEW this year Canoe Trips will be $5 each and Tube Trips will be $2 each. Entrants are also given a free trial membership to Shenandoah Riverkeeper and will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a kayak.
Come gather at the river to celebrate the recreational, historical and natural beauty of the Shenandoah River! Highlights include:
- Canoe & tube trips on the South Fork of the Shenandoah (children must be at least 6 yrs old and accompanied by an adult)
- Live local music featuring – Pigs From a Gun, The Dill Pickers and The Church Street Project
- Live wild animal education and displays by WILD Zafari & the Blue Ridge Wildlife Center
- Boomtown Hoops
- Batteau Display
What to bring and wear:
- River shoes or old tennies that you can wear in the river
- Loose,light summer clothes
Make a weekend of it!
There are lots of great options for staying the night, weekend or longer! Check out these links to find your perfect camping spot, cabin or hotel!
To make a full day on the river (before or after the festival) contact: