Saturday, August 9, 2014, 10:00 am
Shenandoah River State Park, 350 Daughter of the Stars Dr, Bentonville, VA 22610
Join the excitement, the fun and the family outdoor experience of the Shenandoah Riverfest. This annual celebration of the Shenandoah River is packed with canoeing, tubing, swimming, hooping, food, music, on-water events, wild animal displays and tons of hands on activities for the kids.
Riverfest is a rain or shine daytime event that held along the shaded backs of the South Fork of the Shenandoah River in the award winning Shenandoah River State Park. Special Event Admission & Parking for the event is $8 per vehicle, unlimited passengers. Three mile long Canoe Trips are $5 per canoe and Tube Trips will be $2 per tube. Entrants are also given a free trial membership to Shenandoah Riverkeeper and will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a kayak.
Come gather at the river to celebrate the recreational, historical and natural beauty of the Shenandoah River! Highlights include:
- Canoe & tube trips on the South Fork of the Shenandoah (children must be at least 6 yrs old and accompanied by an adult)
- Live local music
- Live wild animal education and displays
- Batteau Display - learn about the flat-bottomed boats that used to reign
- 2nd Annual Cardboard Boat Race
What to bring and wear:
- River shoes or old tennies that you can wear in the river (no flip-flops)
- Loose, light summer clothes
Make a weekend of it!
There are lots of great options for staying the night, weekend or longer! Check out these links to find your perfect camping spot, cabin or hotel!
To make a full day on the river (before or after the festival) contact: