Saturday, August 9, 2014, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Shenandoah River State Park, 350 Daughter of the Stars Dr, Bentonville, VA 22610
Join us on the river for the premiere family outdoor experience of Shenandoah Riverfest!
The annual celebration of the Shenandoah River is packed with canoeing, tubing, swimming, the 2nd Annual Cardboard Boat Race, food, music, on-water events, wild animal displays and tons of hands on activities for the kids.
Riverfest, a rain or shine daytime event, is held along the shady banks of the South Fork of the Shenandoah River in the award winning Shenandoah River State Park. Special Event Admission & Parking is $8 per vehicle, unlimited passengers. Three mile long Canoe Trips are $5 per canoe and Tube Trips will be $2 per tube.
Bring your family down to the river and enjoy:
- Canoe & tube trips on the South Fork of the Shenandoah (children must be at least 6 yrs old and accompanied by an adult)
- Live local music featuring Firey Run, the Church Street Project & the Dill Pickers
- Delicious Food Vendors – Mama’s Caboose, Cristina’s Cafe, Norton’s Italian Ice & the South Warren Volunteer Fire Department
- Live! wild animal education and displays by Raptor Hill Falconry & Wildlife Sanctuary
- 2nd Annual Cardboard Boat Race
- Tons of Activities for the Kids!
What to Wear & Bring:
- River shoes or old tennies that you can wear in the river (please, no flip-flops)
- Loose, light summer clothes
Make a weekend of it!
There are lots of great options for staying the night, weekend or longer! Check out these links to find your perfect camping spot, cabin or hotel!
To make a full day on the river (before or after the festival) contact: